Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bigfoot: What a great hobby!

What a great hobby Bigfoot is! I used to have other hobbies. I enjoyed fooling around with my piano, making jigsaw puzzles, making furniture in my workshop, blankly staring off into space. but that was before discovering the hobby of Bigfoot. However, I've found that it takes up more than just my spare time. There are so many variables in the Bigfoot hobby (listening to internet radio shows, searching out websites, reading sighting reports, etc.) that it requires sacrificing other more important things that spouses want done like taking out the trash, fixing a broken window, painting the garage and all that other stuff that I anxiously look forward to.

Studies have shown that a person lives longer and has a happier frame of mind in general when they have a hobby. So it very important to indulge in it as much as they can get away with. The secret is, to show to those who are not into Bigfoot that it's not only a hobby, but what you are doing is gathering valuable information that you can use at some unknown future time and for some yet unknown future reason. Here's a couple of examples for those who are just starting out in it.

Spouse: "Honey, you'r not going to spend all weekend on that computer are you? You promised to go shopping with me!"
Me: "No, no dear. But I have to listen to the Bigfoot Quest radio show on archives. The guest was supposed to reveal the truth about the existance of Bigfoot on this past week's show and I missed it. It's only ninety minutes. But then I have to listen to a couple of other shows so I can report back to my Bigfoot club group. You know, the one that meets a couple of times a week! I didn't want to accept this assignment, but the members made me. They said something about it was important to their longer life and a happier frame of mind."

Spouse: "Bob, don't tell me that you're intending to go camping again this weekend. This is the third time this month and you know you've got to fix that leak in the bathroom!"
Me: " Camping? Helen, this is not camping. I can see where you might call this camping. Anyone who doesn't have a Bigfoot hobby would call this camping. But in actuality, it's err, research. Yeah, research is what it is. Those of us who aspire to discover a real live Bigfoot creature and dare I say it, maybe capture one of them alive for science, call these trips expeditions. It's very important that I go on these camping, I mean expeditions. For research you see. By the way, when you go out, could you pick up some steaks. I'd do it myself, but I have to fill the beer cooler and dig out the fishing poles from the garage. I told the gang down at the Bigfoot club that I'd bring this stuff for when there's a lull in our, ah, expeditioning."

Yeah, a Bigfoot hobby is great. But be forewarned if your just starting out in this endeavor. A bigfoot hobby is not for everyone. Although there are many thousands of Bigfooters as we call ourselves, some of your personal friends might look at you a little funny, like when they learn of your new hobby. here's a little exchange between myself and a long time friend who I just happened to bump into the other day at Walmarts.

Me: "Hey Jack, long time no see! What's it been, two years?"
Jack: "Been about that I guess. Your looking great! what've you been up to?"
Me: "Well, I've been involved in my new hobby. It's been great for my happier frame of mind."
Jack: "New hobby? What's it about?"
Me: "Bigfoot! It's real you know! And, it takes up all my spare time. I've also been doing a radio show on it for the last two years with a guy from New York called Mike Killen. Want to hear about it?"
Jack: "Huh? Bigfoot? Bigfoot? I just remembered that I have a dentist appointment. I gotta go. I'll give you a call one of these days."

Okay, I gotta go too, see you all next weekend. Meanwhile, any comments? click comments. If you want to subscribe to these blogs where I will personally hand deliver them to your email inbox, go over to the right and click on where it says, 'subscribe to blogs by email'.

Our e-mail is Bigfootquest@gmail.com

2 comments:

footdoc said...

LOL... nicely done.

Unknown said...

Hey Doc: yeah, and every word is true! Well...the part about filling the beer cooler when I go fishing is anyway.